Andrew Gowasack is the type
of startup CEO that understands the value of listening. Throughout
his informative conversation with Roshawnna, Andrew reiterated this
point throughout various contexts within his founder journey. In
many ways listening is the foundation of Trust Stamp. Andrew talks
about the incredible importance of customer discovery and how the
diligence that he and his business partner put into this in the
early stages has reflected in the market fit that Trust Stamp has
been able to demonstrate. Rather than tell the customer what they
should want, Andrew and his team at Trust Stamp have done the work
to understand their customer’s needs. Through what Andrew describes
as ‘micro-services’ Trust Stamp has created a rock solid service
that continues to grow at an incredible rate.
Andrew is an engaging
speaker with thoughtful insights to share about the founder
journey. His conversation with Roshawnna is peppered with helpful
tips aimed at helping the listener to be the most successful person
that they can be, in any endeavor. A must listen!
Andrew and Roshawnna
- 2:00 -- Andrew tells us
about his background and how Trust Stamp began.
- 3:30 -- Andrew talks about
his relationship with mentors.
- 4:30 -- Andrew digs into
the details of Trust Stamp.
- 5:00 -- Andrew describes how Trust Stamp allows people to own
- 7:00 -- Andrew discusses some aspects of Trust Stamp that have
generated excitement for him and his team.
- 9:30 -- Andrew talks about the incredible importance of
- 10:00 -- Andrew discusses the difficulty of recognizing that a
team member was a poor fit and how he dealt with this.
- 11:00 -- Andrew relates his tactics for team building.
- 12:30 -- On having the courage and the discipline to maintain
the core tenets of your company vision.
- 13:00 -- On how Andrew knew that he was meant to be an
entrepreneur and how he coaches himself through the tough
- 14:30 -- Andrew relays the
importance of staying committed to the overall vision.
- 15:30 -- Andrew discusses
some aspects of his former career that have carried him in to
entrepreneurship, including the importance of relationship
- 17:30 -- How Andrew
provides continued value for his clients through honesty.
- 18:30 -- Andrew’s
alternative views on gaining funding.
- 20:30 -- Andrew talks
about the concept of ‘sovereign or royal’. The decision needs to be
made about what is prioritized, independence or wealth.
- 24:30 -- Andrew describes
the unique nature of Trust Stamp’s ‘micro-services’.
- 28:10 -- Andrew talks
about the go-to book to read for a startup founder.
- 30:00 -- On maintaining a
balanced lifestyle while continuing forward with your drive and